Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, August 15, 2014

#FF 8/15/2014 Wonderful Weekend Review: Robin Williams, Depression,Michael Brown, Songs for the Soul, and Sunday's Comics

Click Here to see the Magazine

Thought for the Day: It has been a very difficult week beginning with the tragic death of Robin Williams bringing mental illness, suicide and then Parkinson's Disease to the forefront of the news. I have chosen a few articles which look at this difficult psychological issue with sensitivity and compassion. Jimmy Fallon fought off tears and then used humor and shared Williams first appearance on the Tonight Show. His daughter touching words as she faces this enormous loss is also a testimony to his caring parenting. An article in the Huffington Post by Katie Hurley, psychotherapist and a survivor of a father's suicide, makes it clear how little most people understand about suicide which she says "Suicide Is not a Selfish Act." She makes suggestions of how to help people when they are struggling with the suicide of a loved one.

I also shared some wonderful music that I was able to hear last week as part of Saturday's Songs for the Soul from Lincoln Center Out Of Doors. I hope you enjoy Rosanne Cash, Buddy Miller, Jim Lauderdale, and the Lone Bellow and The Campbell Brothers.

Finally there are Sunday's Comics. Have a great weekend!

No comments: