Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: Music Trivia: What 5 Beatles' Songs Topped Billboard Charts on April 4, 1964

Thought for the Day: Today's post is a tribute to the The Beatles. Yesterday, while listening to WFUV on the radio, I heard it was the 50th anniversary of their unique accomplishment, five Beatles' songs topped the Billboard charts. The Beatles have inspired the world for 50 years. Their lyrics and classic melodies have captured the essence of the feelings of love, helped inspire us to hope for peace and made us laugh. Their impact on generations is surely not only a musical, but also a psychological phenomenon. Take a look at how they impacted on the audiences of teenagers in the 60's. These 5 hits will be today's songs for the soul. Can you guess which 5 Beatles songs they topped the charts 50 years ago?

 Here they are from #5 to #1 in vintage video clips:

#5 Please Please Me
#4 I Want To Hold Your Hand
#3 She Loves You
#2 Twist and Shout
#1 Can't Buy You Love
The crowd some of whom are dancing in the background on this clip are fun to watch.

During the week of April 14th 1964 The Beatles had 14 songs  on the top 100 songs on the Billboard charts! Have a great weekend!

*Photo Credit: The Beatles on Kok Tobe, or Green Hill, in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Yes, the Beatles were HUGE in Kazakhstan, as they were around the Soviet Union and the world.

No comments: